Yayoi Kusama Art History Workbook - Famous Artist Biography UnitRegular price $6.00 Save $-6.00
This art history packet introduces students to the artist Yayoi Kusama and the process of creating art with patterns and dots. Students learn about the artist through web links and videos, color artwork similar in style to her work, analyze artwork, and complete activities. The final project has students choose a vegetable (reference sheet included), and using two colors create a Kusama-style artwork.
25 Worksheets Included: (See Preview File)
- Kusama Photograph (8” x 10”)
- Materials and Skills Learned
- Full Table of Contents
- Artist Biography Sheet
- Teacher instruction sheet
- More resources sheet with links to movies
- 3 Coloring Sheets of Kusama's art including: Tulip, Image of Kusama and Flowers
- Compare and Contrast Sheets
- Installation Art & Thumbnail Activity
- Line, Value, Pattern Activity
- Contour Line Pumpkin Activity
- Pumpkin Art Analysis Sheet
- Vocabulary and Notes Sheet
- Final Project Step-by-Step
- Vegetable Reference
- Final Project Planning Sheet
- Final Project Sheet
- Final Project Example
- Extension Project: Installation Drawing
- Installation Drawing Example
EXAMPLE ANSWER KEYS INCLUDED
- Drawing Paper
- Pencils & Erasers
- Student choice of:
- Colored Pencils
Techniques & Skills Learned:
- Elements of Line, Shape, Value, and Space
- Principles of Repetition and Pattern
- Drawing Contour Lines
- Applying patterns/repetition to drawing
- Art Vocabulary/Analysis
- Art History: Yayoi Kusama and Installation Art
- CONTOUR LINE
- INSTALLATION ART
Ways to use in the Classroom:
- A supplement to other materials and lessons.
- Art analysis
- Early finisher work or TAB stations.
- A Quick sub lesson.
Don’t want to print color copies? Allow students to open PDF file from a google drive on their computers to view colored versions of artwork or project the example using a document camera.
Copyright Fair Use Rationale:
Artist original artwork being used only for demonstration/supplemental information.
Artist artwork featured are:
Historically significant artworks
Readily available on the internet
This workbook was produced in collaboration with MaryJo Rosania-Harvie. Coloring sheets were created by Maryjo Rosania-Harvie for A Space to Create Art, LLC. for exclusive use in this resource.
©2022 A Space to Create Art, LLC
Not intended for resale or sharing on an open/public website without permission.