Marc Chagall Art History Workbook- Biography & Art Activity Unit Middle SchoolRegular price $6.00 Save $-6.00
This art history workbook teaches students about the artist Marc Chagall using the Discipline-Based Art Education model. Students learn about Marc Chagall and his artistic process through reading and watching a biography of the artist, completing multiple art analyses and coloring sheets, planning their artwork, and creating a tunnel book based on the memory of their hometown. Finally, students reflect on their work using a final project reflection sheet.
The final project has students create a tunnel book using simple materials like copy or drawing paper, colored pencils, glue, and scissors. A full video demonstration and how-to make a tunnel book worksheet is included in the resource.
Worksheets can be used as sub lessons, as enrichment to your art lessons, or as min-lessons on their own. An essential for any art classroom.
What's inside: (See Preview File)
- Artist biography information sheet with examples
- Instruction sheet
- More resources sheet with links to videos
- (1) Coloring Sheets with color schemes
- (2) Coloring Sheet with reflection questions
- Vocabulary list and find similarities and differences in Woman with a Red Beret, by Pablo Picasso and Self Portrait with Seven Fingers, by Marc Chagall
- Compare and Contrast Questions of Woman with a Red Beret, by Pablo Picasso and Self Portrait with Seven Fingers, by Marc Chagall
- Compare and Contrast Four Chagall Paintings
- Analysis of Chagall's The Fall of Icarus,
- Fully narrated Video Demonstration of Tunnel Book Process
- Final Project Planning Sheet
- Thumbnails sheet with examples
- How-to make a Tunnel Book Worksheet
- Reference for buildings/houses/landscapes and people illustrations
- Teacher Example
- Project Reflection Sheet
- All Analysis sheets include Keys with student answer examples.
Ways to use in the classroom:
- As an introduction to a famous artist and their work.
- Worksheets culminate with student creating their own work in the style of artist.
- To support other skills such as: Communication through Art
- Learn about Tunnel Books
- As early finisher work or as a quick art substitute lesson.
Note: There are options on how to give students color references other than to print these sheets in color. You can project the example using a document camera or have students look up artwork on a chrome book or smartphone, for example.
Learn more about TpT Credits here:
A bundle of additional artists can be found here:
More individual artist packets here:
Copyright Fair Use Rationale:
Artist original artwork being used only for demonstration/supplemental information.
Artist artwork featured are:
Historically significant artworks
Readily available on the internet
A low-resolution copy of the original artwork and are unsuitable for commercial reproduction.
This workbook was produced in collaboration with MaryJo Rosania-Harvie. Coloring sheets were created by Maryjo Rosania-Harvie for A Space to Create Art, LLC. for exclusive use in this resource.
©2021 A Space to Create, Published November 11, 2021
Not intended for resale or sharing on an open/public website without permission.