Lee Krasner Art History Workbook - Biography, Middle, High School Art WorkbookRegular price $6.00 Save $-6.00
Created by an art teacher, this packet teaches students about the artist Lee Krasner and Abstract Expressionism. In this art history workbook, students start by reading an artist biography sheet, then watch videos of her biography and her role in abstract expressionism. Students color line art created in the style of the artist’s work using a color guide. The final project has students create thumbnails using Krasner’s work as reference and then paint a watercolor painting in the style of Lee Krasner. Art analysis sheets are also included. Worksheets can be used assub lessons, as enrichment to your art lessons, or as min-lessons on their own. An essential for any art classroom.
Coloring sheets in the art history workbook are more than just a coloring activity, but rather help students learn about the artist's style, their color choices, shapes, and lines.
18 Worksheets Included: (See Preview File)
- Artist biography information sheet with examples
- Instruction sheet
- More resources sheet with links to movies and demonstration video
- (4) Coloring Sheets with color guides.
- Analysis of Krasner's "Icarus"
- Compare and Contrast Pollock and Krasner paintings
- Thumbnails Sheet
- Project Prompt
- Student Examples
- Project Reflection Sheet
- Extension Collage Project
- "Icarus' Analysis worksheet with example answers
- Compare/Contrast worksheet with example answers
Ways to use in the classroom:
- As an introduction to a famous artist and their work.
- Worksheets culminate with student creating their own artwork in the style of the artist.
- To support other skills such as: Elements & Principles of Art & Watercolor techniques.
- As early finisher work or as a quick art substitute lesson.
Note: There are options on how to give students color reference other than to print these sheets in color. You can project the example using a document camera or have students look up artwork on a chrome book or smartphone, for example.
Learn more about TpT Credits here:
A bundle of additional artists can be found here:
More individual artist packets here:
All line art created by Sabrina Wingren and may not be used in any way other than for classroom use. Student examples are work created by Sabrina Wingren’s students and is used with express permission.
Copyright Fair Use Rationale:
- Photos of artwork by Lee Krasner:
- It is a historically significant artwork
- The images are readily available on the internet
- The images are a low-resolution copy of the original artwork and are unsuitable for commercial reproduction.
- The majority of the content in this resource was created solely by Sabrina Wingren with photos of Krasner’s original artwork being used only for supplemental, informational, and educational purposes.
©2021 A Space to Create
Not intended for resale or sharing on an open/public website without permission.