Jean-Michel Basquiat Art History Workbook-Biography Middle, High School ArtRegular price $6.00 Save $0.00
Created by an art teacher, this packet teaches students about the artist Jean-Michel Basquiat. In this art history workbook, students start by reading an artist biography sheet, then watch videos of his biography and play a digital match-up game. Students color line art created in the style of the artist’s work using a color guide. The final project has students create a portrait in the style of Basquiat. A fully narrated demonstration video is included. Worksheets can be used as sub lessons, as enrichment to your art lessons, or as min-lessons on their own. An essential for any art classroom.
In this packet coloring sheets function as more than just coloring sheets. Students learn the way Basquiat used words and symbols in his art and they become familiar with his style of work in the process.
What's inside: (See Preview File)
- Artist biography information sheet with examples
- Instruction sheet
- More resources sheet with links to videos
- Digital Painting Match-up link
- (4) Coloring Sheets with color scheme/symbols/words boxes
- Analysis of Basquiat's Pollo Frito
- Compare and Contrast Basquiat and Picasso
- Paint like Basquiat How-to worksheet
- Narrated project demonstration video
- Project Prompt
- Project Reflection Sheet
- Pollo Fritto Analysis Key
- Compare & Contrast Key
Ways to use in the classroom:
- As an introduction to a famous artist and their work.
- Worksheets culminate with student creating their own work in the style of artist.
- To support other skills such as: Communication through art
- Use of symbols and words in art
- As early finisher work or as a quick art substitute lesson.
Note: There are options on how to give students color references other than to print these sheets in color. You can project the example using a document camera or have students look up artwork on a chrome book or smartphone, for example.
Learn more about TpT Credits here:
A bundle of additional artists can be found here:
More individual artist packets here:
Line art created by Sabrina Wingren in the style of Jean-Michel Basquiat. Art example, Digital game and video demonstration created by Sabrina Wingren, all rights reserved.
Photos of artwork by Jean-Michel Basquiat:
They are historically significant artwork
The images are readily available on the Internet
The images are a low-resolution copy of the original artwork and are unsuitable for commercial reproduction.
The majority of the content in this resource was created solely by Sabrina Wingren.
Photos of Basquiat’s original artwork being used only for supplemental informational and educational purposes.
All line art created by Sabrina Wingren and may not be used in any way other than for classroom use.
©2021 A Space to Create
Not intended for resale or sharing on an open/public website without permission.