Gustav Klimt’s Tree of Life Workbook with Video DemonstrationRegular price $6.00 Sale price $5.00 Save $1.00
This art history packet introduces students to the artist Gustav Klimt. Students learn about the artist through an information page, coloring, finding and creating patterns and analyzing a piece of art. Students learn about portrait proportions, create their own pattern portrait and finally draw and paint their own tree of life. A video demonstration of the tree of life is included in the lesson.
18 Worksheets Included:
- High Resolution Poster of “The Tree of Life” by Gustav Klimt
- About the artist information sheet with examples
- Instruction sheet
- More resources sheet with links to movies and demonstration video
- Free Video demonstration of Final Tree of Life project
- Coloring Sheet of “The Tree of Life” in black outline form with color guides.
- Pattern/Coloring Sheet of Stocet Palace Detail
- Pattern/Coloring Sheet of “Portrait of Adele Bloch-Bauer”
- Analysis of Klimt’s “Portrait of Eugenia Primavesi”
- Facial Proportions worksheet
- Contour line drawing of a portrait worksheet
- Personality Patterns worksheet
- Final pattern portrait worksheet
- Tree of Life Pencil Drawing example with instructions
- Tree of Life final drawing/watercolor project
- Teacher and student example
- “Portrait of Eugenia Primavesi” worksheet with example answers
- Teacher and Student examples of “Tree of Life” project
Ways to use in the classroom:
- As an introduction to a famous artist and their work.
- Worksheets culminate with student creating their own Tree of Life artwork.
- To support other skills such as: Creating Patterns, Watercolor and Analysis.
- As early finisher work or as a quick art substitute lesson.
Note: There are options on how to give students color reference other than to print these sheets in color. You can project the example using a document camera or have students look up artwork on a chrome book or smartphone, for example.
A note about artwork used in this resource: The work contained in this resource was drawn by Sabrina Wingren using Gustav Klimt's work as a guide. The work of this artist has been released into the public domain by its author. Any student artwork included is used with express permission.
I appreciate any feedback on my resources and am always looking for ways to make them more useful!
©2019 A Space to Create Art, LLC. All rights reserved
Watercolor Painting, Tree of Life, Classroom Art Lessons, Substitute Art Lessons, Art for Early Finishers, Interactive Coloring Sheets, Homeschool Art Lessons, Art History based lessons, Art Movements, Art History lessons, Pop Art, Klimt Activities, No Prep Art History Lessons.