Van Gogh Art History Workbook and Activities - Starry NightRegular price $6.00 Save $-6.00
This art history packet introduces students to the artist Vincent Van Gogh. Students learn about the artist through web links and videos and color some of his artwork. They then learn how to draw a room in one-point perspective, look at Van Gogh’s “Bedroom in Arles,” and discuss the perspective in that painting. They then draw and paint/color their own bedroom and the way it makes them feel. As a final project students re-create “Starry Night,” using a color scheme of their own choosing.
18 Worksheets Included:
- High Resolution Poster of “The Starry Night,” by Vincent Van Gogh
- About the artist information sheet with examples
- Instruction sheet
- More resources sheet with links to movies
- Free Video demonstration of painting Starry Night.
- Coloring Sheet of “Starry Night” in black outline form with color guides.
- Coloring Sheet of “Irises” in black outline form
- Coloring Sheet of "Bedroom at Arles" drawing.
- Emotion of Color mini-composition worksheet
- How to draw a room in One-Point Perspective worksheet
- Draw the room in One-Point Perspective worksheet
- Short Answer Worksheet for “The Bedroom at Arles”
- Draw the way your bedroom makes you feel worksheet (Bedroom at Arles Art Activity)
- Paint “Starry Night” using your own colors worksheet guide
“The Bedroom in Arles” worksheet with example answers
- Teacher and Student examples of “Starry Night” with a different color schemes
- Examples of Emotion of Color
Ways to use in the classroom:
- As an introduction to a famous artist and their work.
- Worksheets culminate with student creating their own Starry Night artwork.
- To support other skills such as Acrylic Painting, Communication through Art, and Color Theory.
- As early finisher work or as a quick art substitute lesson.
TpT EASEL: Use TpT Easel to easily print or digitally assign individual pages to students.
Note: There are options on how to give students color references other than to print these sheets in color. You can project the example using a document camera or have students look up artwork on a chrome book or smartphone, for example.
Learn more about TpT Credits here:
Follow me at A Space to Create
A bundle of additional artists can be found here:
More individual artist packets here:
A note about artwork used in this resource: The work contained in this resource was drawn by Sabrina Wingren using Vincent Van Gogh's work as a guide. The work of this artist has been released into the public domain by its author. Any student artwork included is used with express permission.
Acrylic Painting, Starry Night, Classroom Art Lessons, Substitute Art Lessons, Art for Early Finishers, Interactive Coloring Sheets, Homeschool Art Lessons, Art History based lessons, Art Movements, Art History lessons, Pop Art, Van Gogh Activities, No Prep Art History Lessons.
©2019 A Space to Create
Not intended for resale or sharing online without permission.