Paul Cézanne Art History Workbook and Activities - Still life drawingRegular price $6.00 Save $-6.00
This art history packet introduces students to the artist Paul Cézanne. Students learn about the artist through web links and videos, color artwork similar in style to his work then use the grid method to re-create and then color some of his famous paintings. Finally students create a still-life drawing of fruit from above using oil pastels.
18 Worksheets Included:
- Paul Cézanne Poster (8” x 10”)
- Artist Biography Sheet
- Teacher instruction sheet
- More resources sheet with links to movies
- 2 Coloring Sheets of Cézanne’s art in black outline form and color suggestions
- 2 grids for students to re-create some of his most famous work, starting with a contour line image and then having students find contours and grid on their own.
- 2 Reference sheets with room for tracing
- (Each grid has an additional sheet with color suggestions and a color photo reference of the artwork. Students should trace their gridded work onto the second worksheet, or drawing paper and then color using oil pastels or other media.)
- Compare/Contrast Analysis of two of Cézanne’s paintings
- Oil Pastel Blending Sheet
- Still Life Project Sheet with Guidelines
- Abstract Landscape Project Guidelines and Thumbnail Sheet
- Abstract Landscape Project Sheet
- Student example of oil pastel still life and abstract landscape
- Compare/Contrast Analysis Key
Ways to use in the classroom:
- As an introduction to a famous artist and their work.
- Worksheets culminate with student creating their own still life oil pastel drawing.
- To support other drawing skills such as:
- contour lines, shading in color and grid techniques.
- As early finisher work or as a quick art substitute lesson.
TpT EASEL: Use TpT Easel to easily print or digitally assign individual pages to students.
Note: There are options on how to give students color reference other than to print these sheets in color. You can project the example using a document camera or have students look up artwork on a chrome book or smartphone, for example.
Learn more about TpT Credits here:
Follow me at A Space to Create
A bundle of additional artists can be found here:
More individual artist packets here:
A note about artwork used in this resource: The work contained in this resource was drawn by Sabrina Wingren using Paul Cézanne's work as a guide. The work of this artist has been released into the public domain by its author. Any student artwork included is used with express permission.
Oil Pastels, Paul Cezanne, Classroom Art Lessons, Substitute Art Lessons, Art for Early Finishers, Interactive Coloring Sheets, Homeschool Art Lessons, Art History based lessons, Art Movements, Art History lessons, Pop Art, Paul Cézanne Activities, No Prep Art History Lessons.
©2019 A Space to Create
Not intended for resale or sharing online without permission.