Teaching art is hard enough without budget challenges, and yet middle and high school art teachers are constantly faced with limited budgets! This curriculum is built with an emphasis on drawing in graphite, colored pencils, and ink, making it an affordable way to teach an introduction to art course. What's more, these lessons are still super fun and engaging, and will give every student the chance to be successful.
This is my SECOND Middle School/High School Art curriculum and it is packed with lifelong tools based on the Elements and Principles of Art. It includes everything you need to run your Middle or High School Art class. Highly organized, it includes a full Scope & Sequence chart, Visual Timeline, Bell Ringers for the full semester, Engaging Lessons with Demonstration Videos, and Google-friendly Presentations. Literally, everything you need to teach a middle or high school beginning art class is inside!
Students will love these unintimidating lessons that teach the basics of drawing, color mixing, and creativity! You will love the limited supply list and how easy it is to teach. This is a comprehensive curriculum that is perfect for any visual arts classroom. Included:
- Scope and Sequence chart detailing Lessons, Media, Concepts, Standards, Assessments, and Differentiation for the 18-week high school course.
- 4 Units
15+ Projects that cover the Elements & Principles of Art, Drawing in Graphite, Drawing in Colored Pencil, Watercolor & Acrylic Paint.
- Yearlong Middle School/Semester Long High School Curriculum
- 14 Fully Narrated Demonstration Videos
- Elements of Art Worksheets & Mini Lessons
- Principles of Design Worksheets & Mini Lessons
- Student Self-Evaluations for every project
- Art Exhibition, Portfolio, and Reflection Guidelines
- BELL RINGER SLIDES AND WORKBOOKS
- SUB BINDER AND SUB LESSONS
- Visual Timeline
- Bathroom Passes
- Editable Syllabus
- 18 Weeks of Bell Ringers with Workbook Companions
- Editable Sub Binder & 12 Sub Lessons
- Entire Scope and Sequence of Course
- Art Exhibition Guidelines
- Student interest survey and Icebreaker
The scope and sequence chart explains how to implement and structure your high school art class, setting you and your students up for success.
WHAT TEACHERS HAVE SAID ABOUT MY ORIGINAL INTRO TO ART CURRICULUM:
"THIS IS AN AMAZING RESOURCE! Thank you so much. I'm planning for the year and I can't stress how helpful this material is. Great, great, resource! This resource is well worth the money. Do yourself a favor and lean on this for years of material. One of the things I struggle with is having related material for students who finish early to work on. There are so many worksheets included that can be given to students when finished working on other projects. Highly, highly recommend!" - Jennifer C.
INTRODUCTION TO ART:
- Welcome to Art & Icebreaker
- Symmetrical Names Full Lesson Plan, Presentation, and Video Demonstration
INTRODUCTION TO ELEMENTS AND PRINCIPLES OF ART UNIT:
- Introduction to the Elements and Principles of Art Presentation
- Elements of Art Interactive Notebook Sheet
- Principles of Design Interactive Notebook Sheet
INTRODUCTION TO DRAWING UNIT - GRAPHITE
- Shading a Sphere PDF with Teacher & Student Instructions, & Video Demonstration
- Origami Butterfly PDF with Teacher & Student Instructions, and Video Demonstration
- Grapefruit Drawing PDF with Teacher & Student Instructions, and Video Demonstration
REVERSAL DRAWING & INK DRAWING
- Rope Knot Reversal Full Lesson Plan, Presentation & Video Demonstration
- Animals & Their Environment Ink Drawing, Full Lesson Plan, Presentation & Video Demonstration
- Realistic Insects Composition & Framing Culminating Project, Full Lesson Plan, Presentation & Video Demonstration
COLORED PENCIL DRAWING LESSONS
- Introduction to Chuck Close Presentation
- Chuck Close Portraits Full Lesson Plan, Presentation & Video Demonstration
- Fruit & Animal Mashups Full Lesson Plan, Presentation & Video Demonstration
- EXTRA: Zendoodle Dragon Eyes Full Lesson Plan, Presentation & Video Demonstration
- Abstract Color Wheel Full Lesson Plan, Presentation & Video Demonstration
- Playing Card Designs Full Lesson Plan, Presentation & Video Demonstration
- Altered Pokemon Cards Elements & Principles of Art Full Lesson Plan, Presentation & Video Demonstration
- EXTRA: Architectural Letters Sculpture Full Lesson Plan, Presentation & Video Demonstration
ART EXHIBITION, REFLECTION, AND ART PORTFOLIO:
ELEMENTS OF ART WORKSHEETS & PRINCIPLES OF DESIGN WORKSHEETS
12 Sub Lessons with Worksheets
Editable Sub Notes Sheet (Editable in Canva)
Demonstration video links, google slides presentation links, and digital student evaluation links are located in the lesson plan as well as the PPT.
©2019 & ©2021 A Space to Create Art, Introduction to Art Curriculum