Abstract Expressionism & 360° Escape Room Decoding Jackson Pollock BUNDLERegular price $14.00 Sale price $12.00 Save $2.00
Engage your students in art history and art production like never before with this amazing Abstract Expressionist movement! This resource includes an abstract expressionism lesson and a 360° fully immersive digital escape room on Jackson Pollock and Lee Krasner! This is an amazing way to introduce students to abstract art, American art, and abstract expressionism.
Abstract Expressionism Unit:
Students learn about the Abstract Expressionism movement in America and then create 4-6 thumbnail studies using the following abstract expressionists as inspiration: Franz Kline, Helen Frankenthaler, Lee Krasner, Willem De Kooning. They then use their favorite thumbnail to create a large piece of art. A great introduction to Acrylic Credit Card Scrape technique and Watercolor Wet on Wet technique.
- 4 Page Lesson Plan with National Standards for grades 6-12; Big ideas, Essential questions, Goals and Objectives, Instructional Materials, Supplies and detailed process. Also included are Resource links and vocabulary.
- 57 page editable powerpoint
- Editable Word Student Self-Evaluation
- Thumbnail Worksheet
- Links to video examples of abstract expressionism and techniques
- Examples of student thumbnails
- Examples of final student artwork
- Materials list
Decoding Jackson Pollock 360° Digital Escape Room:
This Jackson Pollock Escape room is a full 360° escape room that introduces your students to Pollock, Lee Krasner and the Abstract Expressionists. It is a fun and engaging way to teach art history in your classroom. The escape room is an imaginary 360° version of Pollock's studio. Students must solve 5 puzzles to break the enchantment of his painting "The Mural", in order to escape.
- CLUE #1: Video of Pollock/Krasner studio and map clue
- CLUE #2: Pollocks address book search
- CLUE #3: Pollock biography video and quiz
- CLUE #4: Hidden words in the drips and splatters of paint clue
- CLUE #5: Cipher & maze clue
- PLUS: Lee Krasner Mixed Media Art Prompt
Why play a digital escape room?
- Great for introducing students to Jackson Pollock and his art
- Create a piece of art in style of Lee Krasner Collages. (Create 3 pieces, tear/cut them up to create one unified piece of art.
- Reinforces logic and reasoning skills
- A TpT Easel Student Notes Sheet is included.
- Teacher instructions with answer key is provided
- Homepage website takes students through how to play and includes links to the digital notes sheet as well as the assignment sheet.
- Promotes team building, cooperative learning, and deductive reasoning
- Includes student digital worksheet for notes for use during the escape room.
CLICK HERE to test that Thinglink, Genially and other commonly used websites in my digital escapes work on your school computers. Be sure to check on a student computer!
Before purchasing, please check to make sure you and your students will be able to use these sites by clicking on the test website link above. It is your responsibility to make sure the links will work before purchasing. Feedback left for technical issues does not reflect the function of this escape room.
©2019 A Space to Create. All rights reserved. Environment background created by Sabrina Wingren. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any part of this escape room.
Visual Arts Standards Anchor Standards:
- Anchor Standard #1. Generate and conceptualize artistic ideas and work.
- Anchor Standard #2. Organize and develop artistic ideas and work.
- Anchor Standard #3. Refine and complete artistic work
- Anchor Standard #8. Interpret intent and meaning in artistic work.
- Anchor Standard #11. Relate artistic ideas and works with societal, cultural and historical context to deepen understanding.