Salvador Dali Art History Workbook- Biography & Middle School Famous Artist UnitRegular price $6.00 Save $-6.00
This art history workbook teaches students about the artist Salvador Dali using the Discipline-Based Art Education model. Students learn about Salvador Dali and surrealism through reading and watching a biography of the artist, analyzing two paintings, coloring some of his paintings and reflecting on the way he exaggerated or made his work surreal, and creating their own surreal mixed media art!
Students learn about how Dali and surrealism approached the world by channeling the unconscious as a means to unlock the power of the imagination. The final project has students create a surrealistic piece of art either using traditional mixed media or by creating their art digitally using Photoshop or Google Drawings. Once complete the students fill out a reflection sheet on their final artwork.
Worksheets can be used as sub lessons, as enrichment to your art lessons, or as min-lessons on their own. An essential for any art classroom.
What's inside: (See Preview File)
- Artist biography information sheet with examples
- Instruction sheet
- More resources sheet with links to videos
- (3) Coloring Sheets with color schemes
- (1) Finish the Drawing Coloring Sheet
- Analysis of Swans Reflecting Elephants
- Analysis of The Elephants
- Ways to Create Surrealism Example Sheet
- Project Planning Sheet
- How to Compose a Collage Video
- Student Examples
- Project Reflection Sheet
- Analysis of Swans Reflecting Elephants KEY
- Analysis of The Elephants KEY
Ways to use in the classroom:
- As an introduction to a famous artist and their work.
- Worksheets culminate with student creating their own work in the style of artist.
- To support other skills such as: Enhancing Imagination
- Learn about Surrealism
- As early finisher work or as a quick art substitute lesson.
Note: There are options on how to give students color references other than to print these sheets in color. You can project the example using a document camera or have students look up artwork on a chrome book or smartphone, for example.
Learn more about TpT Credits here:
A bundle of additional artists can be found here:
More individual artist packets here:
Copyright Fair Use Rationale:
Artist original artwork being used only for demonstration/informational, and educational purposes.
Artist artwork featured are:
Historically significant artworks
Readily available on the internet
A low-resolution copy of the original artwork and are unsuitable for commercial reproduction.
This workbook was produced in collaboration with Amanda Graupner. Coloring sheets were created by Amanda Graupner for A Space to Create Art, LLC. for exclusive use in this resource. Student examples shown are by Amanda Graupner’s students at Eastern Hancock High School and are used with permission.
©2021 A Space to Create
Not intended for resale or sharing on an open/public website without permission.