Jackson Pollock Art History Workbook-Biography & Art Activity Unit Middle SchoolRegular price $6.00 Save $-6.00
This art history workbook teaches students about the artist Jackson Pollock using the Discipline-Based Art Education model. Students learn about Jackson Pollock and Abstract Expressionism through reading and watching a biography of the artist, completing multiple art analyses and coloring sheets, planning their artwork, and creating an action painting based on a planning sheet. Finally, students reflect on their work using a final project reflection sheet.
The final project has students create an action painting in the style of Jackson Pollock. Step-by-step instructions are provided.
Worksheets can be used as sub lessons, as enrichment to your art lessons, or as min-lessons on their own. An essential for any art classroom.
What's inside: (See Preview Video)
- Artist biography information sheet with examples
- Instruction sheet
- More resources sheet with links to videos
- (2) Coloring Sheets
- Vocabulary list and Compare and Contrast works by Willem de Kooning and Jackson Pollock
- Compare and Contrast 3 works by Lee Krasner and Jackson Pollock
- Analysis of Pollocks, 1A, 1948
- Fun Facts about "Mural" painted for Peggy Guggenheim
- Mark making activity sheet
- Final Project Planning Sheet with Color wheel examples
- Teacher Example
- Project Reflection Sheet
- All Analysis sheets include Keys with student answer examples.
Ways to use in the classroom:
- As an introduction to a famous artist and their work.
- Worksheets culminate with student creating their own work in the style of artist.
- To support other skills such as: Communication through Art
- Learn about Abstract Expressionist Movement
- As early finisher work or as a quick art substitute lesson.
Note: There are options on how to give students color references other than to print these sheets in color. You can project the example using a document camera or have students look up artwork on a chrome book or smartphone, for example.
Learn more about TpT Credits here:
A bundle of additional artists can be found here:
More individual artist packets here:
Copyright Fair Use Rationale:
Artist original artwork being used only for demonstration/supplemental information.
Artist artwork featured are:
Historically significant artworks
Readily available on the internet
A low-resolution copy of the original artwork and are unsuitable for commercial reproduction.
This workbook was produced in collaboration with MaryJo Rosania-Harvie. Coloring sheets were created by Maryjo Rosania-Harvie for A Space to Create Art, LLC. for exclusive use in this resource.
©2021 A Space to Create, Published November 11, 2021
Not intended for resale or sharing on an open/public website without permission.