Frida Kahlo Art History Workbook- Frida Kahlo Biography, Middle, High School ArtRegular price $6.00 Save $-6.00
Created by an art teacher, this packet teaches students about the artist Frida Kahlo using the Discipline Based Art Education model. Students learn about Frida Kahlo through reading and watching a biography of the artist, analyze 2 of her paintings, create their own portrait, and fill out a project reflection.
In this packet coloring sheets function as more than just coloring sheets. Students learn the way Frida Kahlo used plants, symbols and colors from her own culture and traditions to communicate her feelings and emotions and they become familiar with her style of work in the process.
The final project has students create a portrait using symbolism from their geographical location, clothing, and family traditions. Once complete the students fill out a reflection sheet on their final artwork.
Worksheets can be used as sub lessons, as enrichment to your art lessons, or as min-lessons on their own. An essential for any art classroom.
What's inside: (See Preview File)
- Artist biography information sheet with examples
- Instruction sheet
- More resources sheet with links to videos
- (3) Coloring Sheets with color scheme/symbols/words boxes
- Analysis of The Two Fridas
- Analysis of Girl with Death Mask, She Plays Alone
- Facial Proportions worksheet
- Practice Portrait Proportions sheet
- Project Planning Sheet
- Project Prompt
- Project Example
- Project Reflection Sheet
- The Two Fridas Analysis Key
- Girl with Death Mask, She Plays Alone Key
Ways to use in the classroom:
- As an introduction to a famous artist and their work.
- Worksheets culminate with student creating their own work in the style of artist.
- To support other skills such as: Communication through art
- Use of symbolism in art
- As early finisher work or as a quick art substitute lesson.
Note: There are options on how to give students color references other than to print these sheets in color. You can project the example using a document camera or have students look up artwork on a chrome book or smartphone, for example.
Learn more about TpT Credits here:
A bundle of additional artists can be found here:
More individual artist packets here:
Line art created by Sabrina Wingren. Workbook concept, art lesson and project example by Sabrina Wingren.
Photos of artwork by Frida Kahlo:
They are historically significant artwork
The images are readily available on the Internet
The images are a low-resolution copy of the original artwork and are unsuitable for commercial reproduction.
The majority of the content in this resource was created solely by Sabrina Wingren.
Photos of Kahlo's original artwork being used only for supplemental informational and educational purposes.
All line art created by Sabrina Wingren and may not be used in any way other than for classroom use.
©2021 A Space to Create
Not intended for resale or sharing on an open/public website without permission.