Art History Workbook - Homeschool CurriculumRegular price $50.00 Sale price $24.99 Save $25.01
Easily teach students about visual art and some of the most famous artists of all time. Easy to use worksheets take students through a biography of each artist, video links with more information, coloring activities, an analysis of artist's work, projects and extension activities. This workbook includes over 200 pages of art history for your students.
See individual artist packets on my store for detailed preview of what is inside each artist unit.
10 Artist Units that each include:
- Topics covered and Materials list
- An 8” x 10” poster of artist or artwork
- Artist biography sheet
- Teacher instructions
- More resources sheets/videos
- Art analysis
- Coloring pages of each artist
- 2 student projects for each artist
- Extension activities for each artist
- Examples of student work
- The hand, the brain, the spirit and practice rubric
- Teacher answer keys for art analysis sheets are at the back of the workbook
- Paul Cezanne
- Georges Seurat
- Vincent van Gogh
- Wassily Kandinsky
- Pablo Picasso
- Gustav Klimt
- Paul Klee
- Georgia O'Keeffe
- Roy Lichtenstein
- Keith Haring
Art Periods Covered:
- Art Nouveau or Symbolism (Klimt)
- Post-Impressionism (van Gogh)
- Romanticism/Modern Art (Cézanne/O’Keeffe)
- Pointillism (Seurat)
- Expressionism/Surrealism (Klee)
- Pop Art (Lichtenstein)
- Social Change Art (Haring)
- Cubism (Picasso)
- Abstract Expressionism (Kandinsky)
This 205 page art history workbook is made for homeschoolers, the TAB art room and busy teachers who want to be successful teaching art history to upper elementary and middle school art students. This workbook truly does make teaching art history easy for people with little to no art background.
How to Organize:
This visual art student workbook is a digital download and is one PDF document that can be printed in grayscale or color, hole punched, then compiled into a three ring binder. The keys are located at the back of the ebook and should be kept out for your own use. Each artist has a poster included so it can be used to denote the end of each artist unit in the workbook. No experience teaching art is necessary.
Ways to use in the homeschool classroom:
- As an introduction to a famous artist and their work.
- To teach national visual arts standards including Creating; Responding; Connecting and Presenting.
- To teach drawing and painting skills.
- To teach a variety of media including: Watercolor, Acrylic Paint, Oil Pastel, Colored Pencil, Graphite and Chalk.
Ways to use in the visual art classroom:
- A supplement to other materials and lessons.
- Art analysis
- Early finisher work or Art History TAB stations.
- A Quick sub lesson
Visual Art Portfolio
The binder is a great place to keep student work and when complete shows the students growth over time. At the end of the workbook conducting a portfolio review can be a meaningful and valuable experience for the student and it is also a great way to show other kids and family members.
Don’t want to print color copies? Allow students to open PDF file from a google drive on their computers to view colored versions of artwork or project the example using a document camera.
The work contained in this art history workbook for kids includes artists: Paul Cezanne, Georges Seurat, Vincent van Gogh, Wassily Kandinsky, Gustav Klimt, and Paul Klee is in the public domain in its country of origin and other countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 70 years or less. All line artwork was created by Sabrina Wingren using the artist’s work as a reference. The line drawings contained in this resource for Pablo Picasso, Georgia O’Keeffe, Roy Lichtenstein and Keith Haring were created by Sabrina Wingren in the style of the artist. Art history workbook for kids and art history for homeschoolers. Top 100 visual art resources and art history for tab teachers. Any student artwork included is
I appreciate any feedback on my resources and am always looking for ways to make them more useful!
©2019 A Space to Create Art, LLC All rights reserved. Not intended for resale or sharing online without permission.