Unique, Imagined Doodle Landscapes Lesson
- Medium: Watercolor and Colored Pencil
- Project Length: 2-3 days
- Grade: 4-9
- Use the creative process by creating thumbnails of line designs and landscape designs.
- Explore atmospheric perspective through the use of space in art through the use of overlapping shapes, size, color & value.
- Learn to apply elements of art with good craftsmanship
- Apply watercolor paint with varying degrees of value.
- Practice and apply the principle of rhythm through the use of line
- Complete a student self-evaluation and participate in critique of work
- Paint brushes of varying sizes
- Thumbnail worksheets and Doodle Idea worksheet (copies for all students)
- Watercolor Paper
- Thin and thick sharpies, or another permanent marker.
- Watercolor paint
- Link to full lesson with video demonstrations
- Zentangle Video #1
- Zentangle Video #2
- Zentangle Video #3
First, create practice Zentangle designs. Create your own doodles by using simple lines and adding detail to create visual interest.
Step 3: Using a Sharpie marker, other other waterproof marker, begin to fill in the hills with a different doodle pattern. Change the pattern on each hill.
Step 4: Color in the doodles using watercolor paint or colored pencils. The background should get cooler (blues and greens). The foreground is warm.
Final piece below: Remember to have your colors get lighter as they recede in the distance to add the illusion of space.
Student Example Inspiration:
This lesson is great for students to show creativity in their imagined landscape by adding their own Doodle and Pattern designs. Want to see demonstration videos with the full lesson? Check out the links below!
Shopify Hand Self-Portrait Lesson
TpT Hand Self-Portrait Lesson