The Raven Nevermore Digital Escape-ELA Middle School Digital EscapeRegular price $8.00 Save $-8.00
⭐You are scrambling to keep your sanity! It seems that you were transported back in time and into The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe! You must read the poem and prove that you understand all of its intricacies to escape this time and the place with your mind intact.⭐ This fully immersive 360° escape room based on "The Raven" will have students read and listen to the poem then solve clues to escape with their sanity intact! ⭐ Teen students are invited to compete using clues that practice Imagery/Symbolism, Rhyme Schemes, Poetic Devices, Plot Diagram and Comprehension Quiz. ⭐
⭐A perfect introduction to Poetry! ⭐ Playing this fully immersive 360° Raven escape room will take students through imagery/symbolism of the poem, internal and external rhyme schemes, and poetic devices. They will also plot a diagram of the poem and take a comprehension quiz. With no printing, copying, or cutting and a full teacher guide with answers, this digital activity is ready to use!
Once in the escape, students will click the red start button. This animated slide show takes students through the setup of the escape and gives the students instructions on how to play. There are five clues, plus extras.
Here's what's inside:
A full version of the poem with stanza numbers is in each clue and provided as a printable PDF.
CLUE #1: IMAGERY/SYMBOLISM
- Read - An animated version of the poem
- CLUE - Drag & Drop imagery to the symbolism in the poem.
CLUE #2: RHYME SCHEMES
- Read - Definitions of Rhyme Scheme, Internal, External, Ballad, Couplet & Triplet
- CLUE - Identify the external rhyme scheme of a stanza and the internal rhyme scheme of a stanza.
CLUE #3: PLOT DIAGRAM
- Watch/Listen - James Earl Jones narrating the poem
- CLUE - Drag and drop events to the plot diagram identifying exposition/setting, rising action, climax, falling action, resolution, conflict, and theme.
CLUE #4: POETIC DEVICES
- Read - Definitions of poetic devices: Alliteration, Assonance, Allusion, Imagery, Metaphor, Simile, Onomatopoeia, Repetition, Rhyme, Rhyme Scheme.
- CLUE: Drag and drop excerpts from the poem to the correct poetic device.
CLUE #5: COMPREHENSION QUIZ
- CLUE: Take a 10 question comprehension quiz on the poem.
CLUE #6: HIDDEN ICON
- Symbolism: Find the symbol inside the escape to find the message for the answer to this lock.
- 360° Poe Museum
- The Raven digital Wordsearch game
Why teach it?
- It's a perfect way to introduce students to "The Raven", by Edgar Allan Poe
- Great in combination with any unit on Poetry
- It reinforces logic and reasoning skills
- It promotes cooperative learning and deductive reasoning
- Perfect for the English Language Arts classroom