The Life & Mysterious Death of Edgar Allan Poe Digital Escape, ELA 360° EscapeRegular price $8.00 Save $-8.00
⭐Edgar Allan Poe...just the mention of his name sends shivers down your spine. ⭐ This fully immersive 360° Digital Escape conjures up a sense of eeriness and the macabre.⭐ Teen students are invited to explore Poe's bizarre life and mysterious death using clues that practice reading, listening, plot, tone, and comprehension.
⭐A perfect introduction to Edgar Allan Poe, his life and death, and two of his most famous works; The Tell-Tale Heart and Anabel Lee. ⭐ Engaging and fun this interactive, immersive digital escape has students complete 5 challenges. With no printing, copying, or cutting and a full teacher guide with answers, this digital activity is ready to use!
Once in the escape, students will click the red start button. This animated slide show takes students through the setup of the escape and gives the students instructions on how to play. There are five clues, plus extras.
Here's what's inside:
CLUE #1: BIOGRAPHY - Reading/Comprehension
- Read - Short Biography of Edgar Allan Poe's life.
- Watch - Biography of Poe's life
- Clue - Interactive click and drag answers based on biography
CLUE #2: THE MYSTERIOUS DEATH OF EDGAR ALLAN POE GAME
- Read - The story of Poe's death, then take a 3 question quiz
- Collect - Collect a token for each of the 4 theories of his death
- Read - Four theories of his death (approximately 2-3 paragraphs each)
- Cooping Theory: Voter Sign: Uncover the voter sign
- Murder: Knife: Answer 3 question quiz
- Brain Tumor: Skull: Answer 3 question quiz
- The Flu: Key: Solve a maze, then decode a secret message
CLUE #3: THE TELL-TALE HEART - PLOT DIAGRAM
- Watch/Listen - Animated video of The Tell-Tale Heart
- CLUE - Drag and drop events to the plot diagram identifying exposition/setting, rising action, climax, falling action, resolution, conflict, and theme.
CLUE #4: ANABEL LEE - TONE
- Read - Anabel Lee
- Listen - To a rap version of the poem
- CLUE: Drag and drop correct tone word to phrases in the poem
CLUE #5: POE'S TRUNK OF CURIOSITIES - Reading & Comprehension
- Click - On items in Poe's steamer trunk
- Read - About seven of Poe's curious possessions that are held at the Poe Museum
- CLUE: Drag and drop answers to the puzzle clue, and follow the arrows to get the code
CLUE #6: HIDDEN ICON
- Find a symbol for Poe's most famous word hidden somewhere in the escape room
3D Models of items in the Poe Museum
Edgar Allan Poe digital Word Search game
Edgar Allan Poe Paper Word Search
Why teach it?
- It's a perfect way to introduce students to Edgar Allan Poe
- Great in combination with any lesson on The Tell-Tale Heart or Anabel Lee
- It reinforces logic and reasoning skills
- It promotes cooperative learning and deductive reasoning
- Perfect for the English Language Arts classroom
©2022 A Space to Create Art. All rights reserved. Concept, Game Play, and Environment background created by Sabrina Wingren. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, sell or profit in any way from the use of this escape room without permission. This includes sites such as outschool where you are teaching a lesson for profit.
Fair Use Rationale: Full Concept, Game Play, Interactivity, Storyline, and 360° background were conceived and created by Sabrina Wingren. Most artwork is either original or commercially licensed from freepik, Adobe stock &/or pixabay. Music is commercially licensed from Fesliyan Studios.